Monday, March 22, 2010

Idiocy On Demand

I was showing my older brother how easy it is to order a movie on demand from Amazon.com. I logged in and selected the first one that popped up, Ninja Assassin. And I figured that Amazon would ask me to verify my order before charging my account. I figured incorrectly. So I spent four dollars from my Amazon balance for a movie I have no interest in seeing whatsoever.

And this was one of those moments when I feel the most stupid. Because I should know better. I could have at least picked a movie I wanted to see. Or I could have done it without logging in. Or I could have just let him figure it out on his own instead of acting like I knew what I was talking about. So now I just feel like an idiot.

I sent an email to Amazon, asking them to refund me and take the movie out of my queue, but they didn't respond. I'm thinking they're too busy laughing at me to do anything about it. And my older brother is rooting for them to ignore me. Because he actually wants to see Ninja Assassin. So if they don't refund me, he's gonna watch the stupid movie. And it's not like I can ask him for four dollars. He's not stupid enough to pay that for a movie rental.

1 comment:

-lisa- said...

aaahhhh~~hahahaha so sorry for your "issue" but seriously I've done something similar. good luck w/ getting amazon to help.