Monday, February 14, 2011

All Is Well

Sorry for the delay. The day of my daughter's surgery was obviously very hectic. Then my wife and I had the brilliant idea to get a horrible stomach bug for three straight days as soon as we got home. So we were out of commission for a while there. I had trouble remembering who I was a few times, let alone remembering I had a blog to post to.

But anyway, the surgery went great. My little girl has a giant bright pink cast for two weeks and the doctor said everything went perfectly. She's already realized that the cast makes a great weapon against her older brother. We're just thankful that it's all over now. The pre-surgery nerves are finally gone.

But I do have to tell you that we picked the worst seats in the entire hospital right before the procedure. We inadvertently sat at the door that leads to the operating rooms. So we were eyewitnesses to every parent saying goodbye to their children right before surgery. That is not a fun place to be for three hours. And we had nowhere else to sit.

On a lighter note (literally), due to the stomach bug and no desire for food, my wife and I each lost 10 pounds last week. So all-in-all, a good week. Although I wouldn't have said it while it was happening.

No comments: