Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Gary Busey Of Golf

I'll spare you the apologies for not posting more often and skip the empty promises of more frequent posts.  I'm an important person with a real life outside of blogging and I don't need to explain myself just because you have a tiny picture on the right side of my blog.

Also, in case you're wondering, I'm waiting on a good Twitter name to come to me (or at least some more suggestions) before getting into that.

So anyway, my older brother is taking up golf. He's never played golf before in his life. I'm not even sure he's watched golf before. But he's gonna give it a try. And I think I'm gonna volunteer to be his caddy just so I can watch him. It's gonna be a train wreck.

And everyone has been giving him advice on what to do. They keep telling him to go to the driving range with a friend first and learn how to swing before hitting the course. But I know my brother. He's not gonna do that. He's gonna assume he can pick it up as he goes (like he tragically assumed with break dancing). And then he's gonna go all Happy Gilmore when he gets out there and do a running start on his first drive.

And my older brother is out of shape. So he's gonna be sore by the second drive. And then his performance, despite what you might think is possible, will decrease dramatically. And that's when the real fun will begin.

So I think I'll have to bring my video camera and get some YouTube evidence to post on here one day.  I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww, come on! You didn't like my Twitter suggestions?

Unknown said...

you are such a good brother...