Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Smells Like A Golden Girl

We stayed at my parents' house over the weekend.  And I always leave something behind.  And this time, it happened to be my deodorant.  And I don't like dropping 4 dollars on a whim to buy something I already own. (I'm not made of money!) So my wife said I could use a stick of deodorant that she no longer uses.  And my gut reaction was to say no.  But then she explained that the reason she doesn't use it is because it smells like men's deodorant.  So I figured that it was okay, since it wouldn't make me smell like "Bluebonnet Spring" or some other weird girly smell.  Then I found out that my wife has no idea what she's talking about.  Because this lady deodorant smells very lady-ish.  And not just that!  It smells very old lady-ish!  And not just that!  It reactivates the smell when you start to sweat.  So when I start to get overheated because it's 101 degrees outside, I start to smell more and more like a grandmother!

So I went to Target on my lunch break today to avoid any future issues.  Then I saw the candy aisle and they had 8-packs of snack size Twix, Kit Kat, and Reese's for just a dollar!  So I got a couple (okay, five) of those and some nasal decongestant I needed (I may be allergic to this deodorant), but I neglected to pick up any men's deodorant.  And since I'm lazy and it's so hot outside, I'm not gonna bother with a return trip to the store.  So it looks like tomorrow I'll smell like a sweaty nursing home (and delicious chocolate candy).

No comments: