Thursday, August 26, 2010

Still Good?

I'm not sure if there's an official rule, but I'm pretty sure I broke it.  Someone brought donuts to work two days ago.  And they brought about 30 of them.  So there were a bunch left over.  So I had one with lunch... today.  That has to be against the unspoken donut rules.  I think the limit is less than 50 hours for donut freshness.

But it's not my fault.  Who leaves a box full of donuts in the breakroom for two days?!  Every time I got coffee or went to the bathroom they were staring at me!  And I'm weak!  Weak I tell you!

Sure the outside was stale.  And the fruit filling wasn't entirely distinguishable as any particular flavor.  But food poisoning is a small price to pay for free comfort food.  And I've had a rough week at work.  Yesterday was as busy a day as I've ever had. (I had two meetings!)

But I have a feeling I'm going to make the same bad decision again.  There are still two donuts left.  And still two hours left in the workday.

No comments: