Wednesday, October 27, 2010

If Real Life Was Like Facebook...

... my wife would be able prove that she has more friends than me.

... people from high school could hide their shock at my 75-pound weight gain since graduation.

... most of my friends would only talk to me on my birthday.

... I could conveniently sort my friends into groups and categorically ignore the annoying ones.

... the awkwardness of ending a friendship would be gone.

... I could control what I look like or avoid being seen altogether.

... my stalker would never have been caught and imprisoned.

... I could be part of a group without attending a meeting, paying dues, or caring the least bit about their "cause".

... I would know instantly when one of my friends made a new friend.

... I could say, "I like this," and leave it at that. No questions asked.

3 comments:

Lynnette said...

Sadly, when chatting with my husband or cousin in Messenger, I find my self wanting to click Like after they write something funny or that I agree with.
I find this similar to my desire that all things in life have an Undo button so you could back up one step and do it right the second time.

Rory said...

Haha, this made me laugh outloud!

Anonymous said...

I wish your blog had a like button so I wouldn't have to comment.