Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I Probably Post Things Like This Too Much

Quizno's disappointed me today. They have a sandwich size known as a Bullet. And nowhere in the store did they have a sign that said "Bite the Bullet!" That's very disappointing and borderline unacceptable. They've probably lost a lot of business because of that missed opportunity.

When I played junior high football (for three weeks), the sign of a good workout was when I had to struggle not to puke. And I thought that's what it was this morning. But it turns out that almost puking is also a side effect of working out on five hours of sleep after having a big bowl of Wolf brand chili for dinner the night before. Sit-ups were a very bad idea.

I have to admit, while the main reason I'm keeping a beard right now is to solidify my nickname ("Grizz"), a secondary reason is for a Biggest Loser-type makeover reveal after the holidays when I've (hopefully) lost about 20 or 25 pounds. I think it would be awesome to come in to work after New Year's without a beard. If I've learned anything from Biggest Loser, it's that your weight loss is way more impressive when you shave.

I've started referring to my raisins as "grape jerky." And now I don't have to share.

7 comments:

L. Shanna said...

"Grape jerky"-- now that is even more brilliant than "bite the bullet"

Lynnette said...

I agree with L. Shanna!

Anonymous said...

Hey, this is your life partner. Just wanted you to know that I caught up on reading your posts! Aren't you surprised?

Taylor said...

That's shocking! Did I say anything to embarrass you?

Jill said...

i can answer that question. yes, you did say something to embarrass her. life. partner.

Anonymous said...

i am LOL-ing imagining what must have been "musical" sit-ups after having chili for dinner.

Taylor said...

No musical sit-ups. I felt like I was gonna puke, not pupe.