Over a year ago (right after I started this blog) I posted "25 Things That I Should Be Ashamed Of". And because I've gained about 70 followers since then, and there are updates on a few of these, I figured I'd repost the list. So here it is:
1. At one point in my life, I knew every line from Jim Carrey's smash-hit comedy, "The Mask."
2. I have blamed my gas on my sleeping son.
3. I owned Lou Bega's album, "A Little Bit of Mambo." It was stolen from my locker in high school, and I still miss it sometimes.
4. I'm horrible at guessing movie plot twists. I didn't guess the ending to "The Sixth Sense", "The Usual Suspects", or "Who Framed Roger Rabbit."
5. I don't know who my congressman is.
6. Even though I shouldn't like them, I like Eminem, Kid Rock, and the smell of gasoline.
7. I fell for the "updog" joke in eighth grade... twice.
8. I am 6'3" and weigh 260 pounds, but I am an excellent dancer. I can even do "The Worm." I will never prove this to anyone.
9. I have an extensive collection of sports cards.
10. I've gotten 12 traffic tickets and two warnings.
11. I have no idea what the difference is between mayonnaise and Miracle Whip. But I will argue with people about which is better just for fun. I do the same with butter and margarine.
12. I have used the same kind of deodorant for 10 years. (This one isn't true anymore. I tried Old Spice once since then and realized it's my dad's cologne. But I only realized it after I put it on. So I smelled like my dad for a full 24 hours.)
13. I had a favorite elevator at my last job.
14. I think fireworks are stupid, boring, and pointless.
15. When I see someone fall down, my first instinct is to laugh. My second is to look for a fellow onlooker to laugh with. My third is to wonder if the person is alright.
16. I lost my bowling ball. I have no idea where it is. How do you lose a 14-lb. black stone with your name on it? (Update: I went back to the one place I ever bowled with that ball and they said they didn't have it. And they never throw away a lost ball. So now I know it was stolen.)
17. I have cried while watching a reality TV show. I won't say what show it was, but the name started with a "B". (And it ended with an "iggest Loser".)
18. I saw Destiny's Child in concert.
19. I saw New Kids on the Block in concert.
20. I have an English degree, but I can't name any books I finished in college besides the Harry Potter series.
21. I have never beaten Super Mario Brothers from the original Nintendo.
22. I have an English degree because the day I had to decide on a major, I was three blocks away from the Political Science office and one floor away from the English office.
23. Taco Bell is one of my favorite places to eat.
24. I don't trust short people who are really quiet.
25. I've been blogging for over a year.