Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Double Fish

I consider myself to be a young person, but the internet still scares me sometimes. Not like it scares old people. I know how to use a mouse, and I know all the basic terminology. What scares me are the people lurking around in it. I hate that there are people out there who's only uses for the internet are to infect computers, swindle unwitting consumers, and creep me out.

In the past couple of months I've had two random comments on my blog that scared the daylights out of me. The first was from someone named "VikiASig," and all it said was "no pains, no gains." And that had nothing to do with the post that day. But it had a link, too. I didn't dare click on it because it was really suspicious-looking. It just looked like this: ................... So, being the careful (terrified) internet user I am, I simply deleted the comment and didn't worry about it anymore.

But then I got another comment on yesterday's post. This time, it was from someone named "雙魚" which according to altavista.com, translates to "double fish." And the comment was in Chinese too! So I translated that and it said, "The temperament and the mouth are not good, even if the heart is again good, also does not calculate the good person." That looks to me like some kind of ancient riddle. And ancient riddles are scary. And it had a similar link at the end. So it was double scary.

And I'll be the first to admit, seeing a link without text is tempting. My first reaction is just to click on it and see what it is. But I've heard enough horror stories about people seeing things they can't unsee for me to start doing that. And I tried the "hover" trick where you just put your cursor over the link and see what pops up on the bottom-left part of your window. And all it said there was "................" So I played it safe and deleted that comment too. I will also admit that I'm bragging a little bit here because I didn't click that link either.

And now I'm gonna test you guys. Do not click on the link below. I repeat, do not click on it. I really mean it. Don't click on it. I know it's tempting but don't do it. Seriously. Don't. No... seriously.

Seriously.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe maybe your mom or your mother-in-law is trying to freak you out

-lisa- said...

Seriously I would have studied for the test if I knew there was going to be one.....are there Cliff Notes out there for it?