Monday, April 9, 2012

And The Beat Goes On

I brag too much on Facebook (even when I'm just joking around), so I'll brag here instead.  My resting heart rate is 59!  How cool is that?  Oh, you don't know what that means?  Okay, let me explain.  No there is too much to explain (I'm lazy).  Just go Google it and see what you find.

Okay, did you Google it?  Good.  Now are you impressed?  I either have a non-serious heart condition known as bradycardia or I'm in pretty good cardiovascular health.  And either way, you should be impressed because it means I'm getting in shape and/or learning big medical terms.

What it really means is that the exercise is paying off.  And that's comforting.  Because losing weight and not seeing a big difference can be discouraging.  So knowing that something is changing is good.

Well, I won't bore you with any more healthy talk.  Let's make this a short post and call it a day.  I'm off to drink a protein smoothie and run 16 miles while wearing a parachute and a weight vest.  (That's exercise talk for "take a nap.")

No comments: