Friday, August 21, 2009

If Only Naming Children Were So Easy

I always think of really cool band names, but I'm not talented or focused enough to use any of them. It's actually pretty easy to come up with a band name, though. All you have to do is take a few words out of context in a random sentence until something jumps out at you (immediately awesome example: "Until Something Jumps") So I've decided to share my best band names in hopes that someone uses them and becomes famous and thanks me for the inspiration. So here we go:
If you're starting an alternative rock band, you should call yourselves "Moody Turns Two." Isn't that an awesome name? I was actually talking about a friend of mine turning a double-play in softball, but I realized that a band name had been born.
And if you have a nameless a cappella jazz group, you can use "Second Day Pasta." You know, because pasta is always good the second day, even after it's been refrigerated.
And if you're starting a ska-based metal punk glam hair band, you can be "Murphy's On It." So feel free to use these band names as my musical talent extends only as far as my hands making flatulent noises.
The only band name I've come up with that didn't happen randomly is kind of a little weird. I think it would be kinda funny if a band used the name "The Moment You've All Been Waiting For." That way they could use funny wordplay when they were in interviews and on the radio. And I imagine if they were late to their show, the announcer could say, "Ladies and gentlemen, the moment you've all been waiting for is finally here... The Moment You've All Been Waiting For is finally here!" But no one in the audience would think the announcer was funny. Then he'd get booed off the stage by the raucous crowd and be ridiculed and fired by his boss. Then he'd have to go find a job at a Pizza Hut or some other place even though he had a degree from an accredited university. And it would be great if he were my high school guidance counselor, Mr. Reed because he said I wouldn't amount to anything if I didn't start taking my life more seriously. So take that, Mr. Reed. (which makes another good band name... "That Mister Reed")

4 comments:

Abbey @ Practically Perfect said...

"...even though he had a degree from an accredited university."

Ha! I'll be thinking of band names all day.

-lisa- said...

band names.....good posting. thank you for providing an activity to fill my afternoon hours.

manchester fat acceptance said...

what fun!!!! some examples from your post:

-naming children
-random sentence
-immediately awesome
-late to the show
-finally here

lolz!

Christina said...

How cool! The other day my husband and I were talking about great names for rap artists and we figured "Featuring Special Guest" was the best name because most rap albums, well, feature special guests.