Thursday, January 14, 2010

Lazy Money

I love free stuff. And I love discounted stuff. And I especially love getting stuff for little or no effort. So I decided to start doing online surveys. I researched extensively for 8.3 minutes to find the best sites to use. My in-depth research concluded that I should join all of them and hope I don't get a virus from one of them. So after joining 2 or 3 bazillion survey sites (and getting a dozen viruses), I finally started making money. But the catch is that they make you choose between Amazon gift codes now and cash later. And when they say "later," they mean six weeks after you do the survey. And I'm not a patient man. So I always choose Amazon now.

The bad news is that my choices are limited. The good news is that I don't have the moral dilemma of needing groceries and having "fun money" in my PayPal account. So I don't have to feebly attempt to explain "off the budget" to my wife right before handing over my PayPal debit card. (And no, I don't know why I got a PayPal debit card. It just seemed to make sense.) And the really good news is that I've made $150 in Amazon money in the past two months. So I'm almost to the point that I can buy an HD handheld camcorder! And that's with little or no effort on my part. I just take surveys at work when my boss isn't around and then choose Amazon payout. Cha-ching! I mean, we won't have groceries as often as we'd like, but I'll be able to record video of my hungry children in High-Def now!

2 comments:

-lisa- said...

soooo....please share the knowledge! :)

and share the knowledge on how you have so many followers.

Taylor said...

My favorites are linked below:

http://OpinionOutpost.com/join/7662845
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/taylorl
http://us.lightspeedpanel.com/US/register/registerPage.us

And as far as followers go, I just try to be the first person to comment with something interesting or funny on my favorite blogs (like Cake Wrecks). And if they're wildly popular, there's a very visible link to my page. I know, it's brilliant.