Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Those Crazy Televangelists!

My niece is 2. And she's adorable. She quotes the movie Elf when people burp ("Did you hear that?!"). She thinks I'm Taylor Swift (even though I keep trying to tell her that I've changed my name to Chuck Danger Norris). And she puts her hands on her chin and squeals "I'm uh-sided!" when she gets pumped up about something. So yeah, she's cute.

My niece's mother (a.k.a. my sister-in-law) took her out of church recently for some unknown reason. I can't imagine she was being bad because that just seems impossible. So let's go with something else. Let's pretend she had very loud gas and was distracting the other churchgoers. Yeah, that's it. So to save her the embarrassment, my sister-in-law took her out to the cry room/nursery; a place she'd never been before. And since the room is down the hall from the auditorium, there's no two-way glass. So they installed a camera in the auditorium and put a TV in the cry room. Well, my niece was sitting there, watching the preacher talk about something way over her head. And she turned to her mother and said, "Mommy, can we change the channel?"

I know! That is precious! I'm so glad we agree.

No comments: