Thursday, July 29, 2010

Come On!

I kind of miss working with a bunch of weird people who did weird things.  I don't have any good stories about my new coworkers.  They're nice, helpful, and normal.  And they don't pronounce things funny or talk in weird voices.  It's frustrating.  I'd like just one guy here to sound like a cartoon.  Or to turn 360 degrees every time he leaves his desk.  I mean throw me a bone, people!  I just want a funny story to share.

Although I just thought of a story, now that I mention it!  I went to the bathroom a couple of days ago and a guy named David was in there.  And it's a one-room bathroom, and he didn't lock it.  So I started to apologize and walk off.  And he said, "Oh, don't worry about it.  I wasn't actually using the bathroom.  I'm just putting a picture on Todd's phone."  And that's when I saw that he was holding a cell phone.  So I felt better that I hadn't walked in on someone peeing.

Then I thought about it some more.  What was he taking a picture of in the bathroom?  It wouldn't be that funny to change someone's background to a toilet or a sink.  And why wouldn't you lock the door for that?  If someone walks in while you're snapping an inappropriate picture, that leads to awkward questions.  And in this case, all of those awkward questions are in my head.  So now I think David is weird.  Or he picks really lame ways to prank people.

3 comments:

-lisa- said...

We are living a parallel life. My new team lacks the weirdness that I thrive on. I mean come on. I need entertainment. They don't play weird office games like my old team did. They don't have any annoying habits like my old team did. They don't even have funny habits. I'm sure they don't "get" me or my jokes. I'm actually just pretty much working and what's that about?

Unknown said...

Maybe in new-office-world, your role is to be the weird one.

Anonymous said...

this makes me smile...thank you Taylor :)

-Scottie