Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I'm New, Not Lonely

It's getting increasingly harder to blog these days.  My desk might as well be in the CEO's office with how well everyone can see my screen.  And I'm still new enough that I don't want people to see me blogging yet.  And that's for two reasons: 1) I don't want to be seen not working and 2) blogging is nerdy.  It's like when I used to collect Beanie Babies baseball cards.  It's just a dorky thing to do.  So that's why I've been a little wary to sit and blog at my desk.

And I'm starting to get really itchy for that MacBook.  They have wifi here, so when I get my MacBook, I'll be able to sit in the break room, watch a movie, take an online survey, write a blog post, and emit pure awesomeness (or is it awesomicity?) from the comfort of our cheap plastic chairs.  That day cannot come fast enough.  Especially since people keep starting polite little conversations with me out of pity.  If one more person asks me how I'm liking it here, I might scream.  Okay, not really.  Everybody is really nice.  But I wish they knew that I'm totally fine with them ignoring me while they get ice from the freezer.  It wouldn't hurt my feelings in the slightest if they pretended I wasn't there.  I'm adult enough to know that people who don't speak to me are not necessarily holding any contempt toward me.  So I don't need the pity conversations.

On a purely unrelated note, my older brother congratulated me yesterday via text message on the "grammatical unicorn" I inserted into yesterday's post.  How awesome is that term?!  Grammatical Unicorn!  It definitely goes on the list of possible band names.

1 comment:

-lisa- said...

I may have to insert "grammatical unicorn" into a conversation tomorrow just for kicks and grins.