Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Day That Will Live In iNfamy

Well, I ordered my MacBook Pro today. I found a seller on Amazon who was selling it for $1400 (which is $319 less than Amazon is selling it). So I was on the fence about buying it. But then I read the Amazon buyer protection policy (twice) and I'm covered if the seller doesn't send me exactly what I ordered. So if it's used, opened, broken, the wrong model, or some knockoff called a MockBook Pro, then I can just file a claim and have Amazon refund my money. The only risk I see is that if there is an issue, I'll have to wait a few weeks to get it resolved. But I think that the possible hassle of a claim is worth the money I'm saving.

And just as I hoped I would, I was able to raise all the money without taking any out of my budget. So the laptop is essentially free. And my wife won't have to hear me talk about it all the time anymore. And I can start saving for something else… like an iMac!