Friday, June 4, 2010

I Got You On Tape, Mister!

The best part about catching my son messing with our digital camcorder is the fact that there's video evidence of his misdeeds. I picked up our Kodak Zi8 last week and saw that the battery was almost dead and there was no space left on the memory card.  So I looked at the last video that was recorded.  And it was an hour and 4 minutes long.  I didn't watch the whole thing, but I fast-forwarded through most of it.  The last 63 minutes of it was just a high-definition video of the ceiling in our bedroom, with a final image of my son just before he turned it off.  But the first minute was Andrew filming various things in the room and then throwing the camera to the floor.  And just before he left the frame, I heard him yell, "I didn't do it!"  Then I heard him run out of the room.

I found the camera again last night in a weird place (in other words, a place my wife would not have left the camera).  And this time it was a 19-second video of Andrew jumping on the bed, throwing the camera to the ground, and then pouncing on it like a jungle cat.  In fact, it looked like one of those nature videos where they attach a camera to some poor animal and watch it as it fights and destroys and eats, like all those shows on the Discovery Channel (and a lot like most MTV reality shows).

So I deleted the hour-long video since it was boring.  But I kept the 19-second video.  I'm going to consider it his first nature documentary.

P.S. - I'm trying out this new thing called "Amazon Associates" with Blogger.  I'm able to link directly to products in my posts.  I thought that was pretty cool, but I hadn't had a reason to do so until today when I realized I'd be mentioning the Kodak Zi8 that I own.  So below, you can find a link to the camera (as well as two other cool things).  It's actually a really nice HD video camera, and it's on sale again for less than $150, when it used to be $220.  And as evidenced by my post, it's relatively childproof, has a long battery life, and is able to withstand a daily dose of being thrown around.  Okay, I sound like a bad commercial now.  Peace out.


No comments: