Tuesday, June 15, 2010

What's My Motivation?

So my last day at this job is the 24th.  The amount of work I have left to do for the project I'm on is enough to keep me busy for every second of every work day until the 24th.  But whether I finish it all or not, I'm out of a job by that date.  And I have a lot of stuff to do to find another job.  So my dilemma now is deciding how much work to get done if I'm only marginally impressing a soon-to-be-former employer.

I'm an honest person, so I'm not gonna cheat my company out of time and money because of sour grapes.  But I don't feel like they have any pressure to apply to me if I'm working myself out of a job.  This is a tough one for me.  I'm really torn between doing an okay job while not stressing out my last two weeks and doing a stellar job while being mentally drained during my last two weeks.

Also, it's my wife's birthday.  So that's the most pressing issue at the moment.  She hasn't decided where we're eating tonight.  I really hope it's somewhere good.  I consider this our last hurrah before the job thing gets really scary.

1 comment:

-lisa- said...

wow ~ tough decision....if I say what I think I look like I don't have any ethics. If I say the other that would just be me being cheese puffy about something. You know what I'm trying to say. Happy bday to the wifey. Y'all have a fun night!