Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Tale Of Two Tables

My wife decided she wanted to buy her Granny's table. So we bought it. And we put it in our breakfast area. I asked her what we were gonna do with our old table. She said we'd just move it to the dining room. So we moved it. Our breakfast area and our dining room are adjacent and not separated by a wall. So now we have two tables. And they're essentially in the same room.

This is how I know that I'm not the one running my house. And neither is my friend Logic. If I had suggested buying a second table without getting rid of the first in order to increase our breakfast capacity to ten, I would have been laughed at. But apparently, if it belonged to Granny, it's a magical piece of furniture that defies logic and reason.

And I'm not in charge, so it doesn't matter what I think. Which is good, because I think it's stupid.

No comments: