Monday, June 21, 2010

Lost On Me

Someone please explain this.  They give me two weeks' notice and tell me that there's not enough work to go around and they have to let me go.  Then after a few days they extend me a week.  Then after a week they extend me another week.  Then, they tell me that in order to finish all the work I have left to do, they're going to approve some overtime for me.  So at the same time there is both a) not enough work to continue my employment and b) so much work that I need 50 hours of work to complete it.

Maybe I'm just not a business genius like the managers at my company are, but I saw an episode of LOST in its second season without seeing any previous episodes.  And that made more sense than my work situation right now.  It's impossible to have so much work that you need overtime but not enough work to justify employment.  And when you add in the fact that I have no motivation to destroy myself to get the work done, their plan seems even stupider.

I think I'll go take a 20-minute coffee break and think this thing over.

1 comment:

-lisa- said...

Pace yourself my friend or you may end up herniating something.